Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Juicing: Day 1 and Day 2

If you read my previous post, you know that I am on a juice cleanse and I’m taking you on my journey. 

Day 1 was not too bad.  Drinking a juice for breakfast wasn’t too hard for me considering I don’t have much of an appetite in the morning anyways.  Lunch was a different story.  There are great places to eat within minutes of my job so it was hard passing them up for a spinach salad and grapes.  But I’m proud to say that I resented temptation and stuck to my cleanse.   I had slight of a headache but it subsided by the time I had my final juice of the day.

My lunch
Day 2 was little better.  I had a blueberry mint juice.  It was a bit tart so I made this weird face every time I took a sip.  What was more difficult today was dinner.  The way to end a stressful day is a delicious meal.  Well, since I couldn’t sink my teeth in a juicy piece of fried chicken, I switched up my dinner juice.  Instead of eating a green juice, I had carrot, banana, and apple juice with a handful of almonds.  Not quite fried chicken but it will work. 

Dinner juice!!!
One thing about a juice cleanse is that it will make you think about all of your favorite foods: shrimp fried rice, Chipotle burrito, PB&J sandwich.  I would fight a tiger right now for just a sip of a Diet Coke.  Even though it’s day 2 I’m realizing that it’s going to take a different type of self-discipline to get through the next 8 days.  You know, the type of self-discipline that monks have when they take a vow of silence. 

Thankfully I’m off the next few days so at least I can be cranky and hungry at home.


Stay tuned and be sure to follow me on Instagram (@ebonymariere) for pics and videos of my juice cleanse.  

No comments:

Post a Comment