Monday, January 27, 2014

5 Questions I have for the Real Housewives of Atlanta

If you are a regular reader, you well know that I usually review the award shows.  Last night's Grammy's left me with zero inspiration.  Like seriously, I was bored the whole time.  All the performances were just okay.  Honestly, I can't even tell you who won an award.  Needless to say, I was disinterested.

When I realized the Grammy's was no longer deserving of my attention, I turned to Bravo to watch the repeat episode of Real Housewives of Atlanta (RHOA).  If you have been waiting on a juicy episode of the RHOA, then your wait ended last night.  Before the season started we got a preview of what was in store.  I think I speak for all RHOA fans when I say that we were waiting on the episode with the fight scene.  In all of RHOA history we have never seen an actual physical fight.  All we got was Nene in Kim's face, Nene in Kandi's face, Nene in Dwight's face so yea, you get the drift.



The whole episode was one mess after another.  And not only that but it left me with a lot of unanswered questions:

Why must Phaedra continue with unnecessary events for her kids? Phaedra loves to throw big, tacky events:
  • At her baby shower, she had tulips in her hair and had Dwight do some weird waltz with her.
  • Her first son had a more fabulous  baptism than Jesus
  • That same son also had 12 cakes at his 1st birthday party.  Diabetes, anyone?
For her second son's blessing, she decided to go with a presidential them since she calls him Mr. President.  Being a Jehovah's Witness, I'm not quite sure what it means "to have a blessing" but as with the extravagant baptism I do not recall a record of it in the Bible.  It was as usual over the top and it felt like more of a party for Phaedra than for the baby.  I also want to add that Apollo seems OVER these events at this point.

Who put messy juice in Cynthia's drink?  Apparently, Bravo threaten to give Cynthia the boot if she didn't up the ante because homegirl has been MESSY this season.  Last week, she was spreading gossip about Kandi's fiance.  Then she goes back and tells her husband something Kandi said which is going to be the cause of the fight next week.  Cynthia wants to school people on "reading" and "shade" but she needs to be schooled on when to shut her mouth.

Is it possible that Momma Joyce was right about Todd?  It's no secret that Momma Joyce is not a fan of Todd.  She has gone on record of calling him an opportunist... to his face.  Now I was all #TeamTodd because the way Momma Joyce was going about it was uncouth.  But then this episode happened and it made me think differently.  Todd is supposed to have this "great job offer" and told Kandi that he was considering taking it.  Then while Kandi is looking for a venue for her play, Todd informs Kandi he is not taking the job.  Something about that whole scene just didn't seem right.  As the saying goes: Mommas always know.

Where did Apollo get $8,000 to drop at the strip club?  At Nene's pillow talk party, a question was asked about men going to strip clubs.  Apollo admitted that not only does he go to the strip club but he drops $5,000-$8,000.  If I had DVR I would've had to pause the show because I needed another minute to let that process.  Apollo has been on this show for three seasons and I still don't know what he does.  He has Tommy Syndrome: He ain't got no job.  Apollo needs to stop fronting and spending the allowance he gets from Phaedra at the strip club.  And speaking of Nene's pillow talk party...

Who made Nene a couple therapist??!! Nene claimed this party was to help bring the couples together.  So she invited people she knew were not getting along.  Then she was asking these instigating questions.  She for real asked how you would feel if your lover was bisexual knowing that Porsha's ex-husband is believed to like the men folk.  Then she added some other questions about past lovers knowing that certain one's past lovers were in the room.  She claimed this game of questions would help bring everyone together.  Somebody tell me where Nene got her license to practice marriage counseling.  There is no advice a woman who divorced her husband then married the same man again can give me.  I thought as you got older you were suppose to grow wiser.  In Nene's case, she grows messier.  She knew exactly what was going to happen when she was bringing up all this dirty laundry.  But what is really sad is the rest of these silly women went along with it.  As soon as I would've heard the first question, my husband and I would have been heading towards the door.  Nene, since you are currently in between Ryan Murphy shows will you please have several seats?  And my last question...

Why did Apollo violate his probation to whoop Brandon, Kenya's friend?  This is where I really wished I had DVR.  That fight was epic.  I'm not really sure what happened.  All I know is that, Todd and Peter were trying to hold Chris from putting hands on Brandon and then chaos proceeded.  Then Apollo felt a need to get involved and had flashbacks to his jail days and started to whoop. Brandon's. A$$.  His yella face turned as red as Brandon's pajamas.  You know it's bad when the people behind the cameras have to get involved.  However, next Sunday is going to be the real showdown.  This is where we get to see Kandi's gutta side and I, for one, am ready to see it.

Yes, RHOA showed out Sunday night.  What were your thoughts?




2 comments:

  1. Girl you know where Apollo got the money from. His embezzlement scheme! His partner ratted him out to the Feds and he has multiple charges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see how Phaedra is going to clean this up at the reunion show.

    ReplyDelete