Thursday, November 22, 2012

#StraigthHairDontCare:Shampoo

Hey everybody!! I know you are stuffing your face but since I had some down time today I thought I would tell you about a new shampoo you might want to try.  Tarjay (also known as Target) has stepped up their ethnic hair supply game.  They have begun to carry a variety of shampoos for natural hair.  The brand I got was Shea Moisture.  I think it was particularly made for natural hair but I like the way it makes my hair feel.  There is Shea Moisture shampoo and conditioner for itchy scalp, damaged hair, and even for thickening your hair. 

First of all, it smells great! Like I haven't had a shampoo smelled this good in a long time.  And the smell continues to linger in your hair long after you wash it.  Something else I like about it is how clean it gets my hair.  When I wash my hair I like to have that feeling that I got all the products and pollutants from the week out of my strands..  This shampoo gives me that feeling.  I also like the conditioner.  It is very thick. Like other conditioners, I put a good amount of product on my hair and put on a shower cap.  I let it sit on my hair for 30 minutes to an hour.  I wash it out and style as usual.  It leaves my hair soft and shiny.  Also, all the ingredients in Shea Moisture are natural.  I have been reading that you should limit your use of shampoos that contain sulfates (sulfates can cause your hair to be dry).  Well, Shea Moisture doesn't carry sulfates, phthalates, or propylene.  Instead, the shampoos and conditioners contain Shea butter, argan oil, sea kelp which help moisturize the hair, restore shine and rebuilds hair elasticity, and detoxifies hair follicles of impurities and residue

Shea Moisture also has other products like a deep conditioner masque.  I haven't tried it yet but I give a try later on.  This product will run you about $10 a bottle.  Not too bad and like I said it is a good product.  If you are going to be at Target this Black Friday be sure to pick up a bottle.  You will not be disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment