Friday, August 9, 2013

#10QuestionsIWantToAskQuestlove

Hey everybody!!! Sorry for missing day 8 but it was just not a good day for me.  But I was not ready to throw in the towel on the #31WriteNow challenge.  So I am back to give you another amusing post.

I know that in my last few posts I have mentioned Questlove and even wrote a post about how I have a crush on him.  But as I am finishing his book I have come up with questions that I want to ask if I ever get to meet him.  The following are ten questions I would ask the musical genius Questlove:

  1. How did you make up for the time you choked when you met Prince? (When he first met Prince he was very much so star strucked but he would meet him again and would even be invited to a roller skate party hosted by Prince.  I want to know how that second meeting went down.)
  2. How did you overcome the awkwardness between you, Erykah Badu, Q-Tip, and Yasiin Bey (formerly known as Mos Def) after the infamous Vibe interview? (I'm not sure if the interview was infamous but it sounded like it was infamous by the situation that followed.)
  3. Do you still believe people find it weird that you at times like regular hip-hop? (With being considered an artsy hip-hop artist and all)
  4. What ratchet songs do you hate to admit that you like? (I like Gutta Chick by Trai'D, myself)
  5. As a child, did you ever wish that you were like the other children when it came to your music taste? (I use to wish I liked more hip-hop instead of old school doo-wop)
  6. What is one band as a teenager that you would not dare admit to your peers that you liked? (There is no way I would have admitted to my peers that I liked the Mamas and Papas)
  7. If you had to pick one to do for the rest of your life, which one would you do: DJ or play drums?
  8. Who are some artists that you felt were adding to the "death" of hip hop but then had a change of heart? What made you have a change of hear about that artist? (I know I am cheating by asking 2 questions.  Think of it as a part A and a part B)
  9. What artists have you worked with that surprised you with how much you both thought alike musically?
  10. When you change direction in your music are you scared of losing your fan base?
Questlove, if you happen to stumble upon this post, how about we get coffee some time and let me pick your brain with some of these questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment