Tuesday, August 6, 2013

#MyCrushOnQuestlove

Hey everybody!!! In a prior post I mentioned that I am currently reading ?uestlove's book Mo' Metta Blues.  This is one of the coolest memoirs I have ever read.  I have never read a book written like this.  But that is not even what has me infatuated with this book.  The author has intrigued me in away that I have never been intrigued by an author before.  I have even started to listening to The Roots while I'm reading the book.  I'm half way through the book but I have come to a realization: I have a crush on ?uestlove.

In the beginning of the book, ?uestlove talks about how he was not a normal child and how his parents even had him tested.  He didn't play outside and did not always understand that other children did not live the same lifestyle that he did.  And he chocked when met his favorite musician, Prince.  He was socially awkward!  OMG, is he the awkward man of my dreams?!

I have wrote about how I know I am socially awkward and have come to accept that.  However, I can't help but think that me being socially awkward might hinder my dating life.  To help me from becoming too anxious about it I imagine that their must be a guy out their that is just as eccentric as I am.  So as I am reading Mo' Metta Blues it warms my heart to see a guy that is brave enough to show that side of himself.  Reading this story also showed me there are guys who are aware of their socially awkwardness and have learned to have a sense of humor about it. 

I'm not sure if I'm crushing on ?uestlove or the acceptance of his personality or both but he has officially made my "People I want to meet" list. 

P.S. I think this is the second time I have referenced his book in a post so that means you need to read it. 

Source: pastemagazine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment